Sunday, February 27, 2011

8,000 Photos later...







I have recently been hired by VisionBeam Action Photography to help shoot and document a variety of sporting events happening here in Wisconsin. I spent three full days photographing gymnastics last weekend, and this weekend brought a basketball tournament. The challenge of photographing a new variety of action sports outside of rock and ice climbing has brought new incite and innovations. After the first two shoots I have already added a few items to my photography arsenal. Some of the unexpected yet priceless additions were a small hunting stool for sitting low and moving easily, kneepads (for kneeling obviously), and earplugs to dampen to onslaught of whistles, buzzers yelling parents, and repetitious music. I have found these items to be the little luxuries that make the shoots run smooth... Beyond getting a great opportunity to document these events I am humbled by the mental and physical endurance needed to shoot perpetually for multiple days in a row.

1 comment:

dane haman said...

heck yeah some headphones will definitely save you during the long days on the floor. my back hurts just thinking about 3 days of bball. but its a small price to pay for getting to cover something exciting.